Dual Enrollment and Advancement Placement Courses
TCA recognizes the importance of a college preparatory environment for students. With a 100% college acceptance rate, Trinity Christian Academy is fully committed to providing an academically excellent program that prepares each student for success in the future.
Students at TCA can start earning college credit as early as their sophomore year. There are two different methods for obtaining college credit during a student’s high school years: Dual Enrollment and Advancement Placement. While TCA offers both options for its high school students, the majority of our college course offerings are considered Dual Enrollment.
The benefits to our Dual Enrollment program are as follows:
- Enables eligible high school students to earn high school and college credits simultaneously for certain courses
- College credit is awarded based on the passing of the class, not an AP exam
- Helps student accelerate educational goals, adapt to collegiate work gradually, and increase the rigor of course offerings during their high school years
- Costs for DE courses vary and are less expensive than traditional college classes; financial aid through the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant are available for eligible students
- Classes are offered on campus and online
To ensure program success, TCA has strategically partnered with Union University, Jackson State Community College and Grand Canyon University to offer the following Dual Enrollment courses:
- English Composition I and II
- U.S. History I and II
- College Algebra
- Art Appreciation (Online)
- Music Appreciation (Online)
- Introduction to Psychology (Online)
- Introduction to Sociology (Online)
- Introduction to Justice Studies (Online)
- Introduction to Sports Management (Online)
*In addition to our Dual Enrollment course offerings, TCA offers AP Calculus for qualifying juniors and seniors.